Tabita Outlet Case Study
- UX/UI Design
- CRM Development
- Consulting Services
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
Life is too short to wear the same boring clothes every day. So why not make the most of fashion to express your true self? Especially when it comes at ridiculously low prices!
That’s the story behind Tabita, a fashion outlet with a history of 23 years in the retail industry of Cluj-Napoca. They’ve built their reputation through several brick-and-mortar stores, but the rise of an online store was both necessary and inevitable. That’s how they ended up selling famous brand wear at affordable prices nationwide.
We had to draw attention to fashion enthusiasts and cover their needs, which can be a lengthy process. However, the main focus was on their behaviour since they basically spend 24 hours a week online.
That meant creating a completely new experience for the fashionistas by blending the best e-commerce design and development practices with a fail-proof marketing strategy.
Our main goal was to perk up the website in a way that properly reflects the potential of a renowned brand from Cluj-Napoca. A whole new level of online presence was charted in order to take things to the next level and enable the business to serve an entire country.
The strategy and tactics were clearly established from the beginning so that no disconnect or handoff could emerge between what we planned and what we executed.
This meant regular meetings for us to truly understand the business and to transparently discuss the steps that were to be implemented. The next phase was to involve our executional experts in the collaborative strategic processes.
Kudos to the participants on both sides! They managed to ensure consistency and effectiveness across each and every initiative we implemented: 2 back-end developers, a front-end developer, a designer, a marketing specialist, a QA specialist, a SEO specialist, a product manager, a few members from the client’s side
Discovery & Research
First things first 01
Customizing the website according to the right audience is an essential move, so we carried out a target market analysis and a competitive assessment. The result was a detailed buyer persona who represents a large percentage of the customer audience.
The Journey 02
Now that we knew exactly to whom the website was speaking to, we could focus on the sales funnel. We have created a series of steps – from tailored newsletters to inspiring social media posts – that guide visitors toward a buying decision. However, a major cornerstone was considering the perspective of the buyer too.
Immersing into the context of the customer allowed us to create a user journey that could quickly enable the user to achieve their goal. All this by educating the public about how to get dressed, but also by means of pivotal tweaks on the platform.
For instance, the mobile website leads the customer directly to the promotional campaigns and focuses on a clean and simple view of the clothing categories. On the other hand, the desktop version takes you through a journey centred around visual categories and famous brands.
Information Arhitecture 03
The next phase was structuring the website and customer relationship management in order to get each and every segment right.
Prototyping & Testing
4 A/B Tests
2 Prototypes (Desktop / Mobile)
+60 Detailed UI Screens
We didn’t just shape Tabita’s online platform for a visually clean, but smooth shopping experience. We created an environment that balances the users’ desires with the business’s needs.
This also meant integrating a payment gateway that enabled a positive checkout experience. Then we customized the admin panel so that product addition would not require any hassle.
- On top of that, we have created a separate mobile website from scratch in order to offer a seamless user experience. Mobile responsiveness is the foundation upon which the entire digital experience occurs.
- Therefore it is critical for customers to stick around. As soon as we have published a smooth mobile version, the customers were enabled to order on the go and the online exposure substantially increased.
When we started working on the design process, we already had a clear idea of what was needed: a minimalist design, very clear, making the content stand-out and easy to follow by any user.
Therefore, each page has the most important information and the most appealing visuals at the top, so the user can easily find what he’s looking for.
Know your audience
Constantly study their behaviour! You may need to adapt, since they could change, just like fashion trends do.
Means long-term marketing success.
There are no overnight miracles involved,
but when SEO hits, your brand stays.
Keep an open mind !
Sometimes you may have different priorities than the client does, which is fine, as long as you agree to disagree and focus on the client’s needs.
Digital marketing is simply the best way to improve brand presence and sales for an online store. Truth is that it’s easily trackable, you get immediate feedback and you can determine whether a campaign is working or not.
Therefore, it was easy to report the 80% increase of traffic after only 2 months of engaging with this project.
- We’ve started with a high focus on SEO to drive traffic to the website by optimizing it for search engines. That implied a top-notch infrastructure of the website, quality content, a spotless SEO-centered mobile version of the website, but especially the use of relevant keywords. Thus, we carried out a thorough analysis of search trends and demographics to get the highest return with the least amount of competition.
- At the same time, for the offsite SEO part, we placed social media into the spotlight. Pictures speak a thousand words so we launched Facebook and Instagram campaigns with inspiring fashion images, but also attractive content. Then we relied on striking outfit collages with articles from the shop to “wow” the Facebook community built around Tabita.
- However, we managed to work miracles with the weekly newsletters too since we arrived at hundreds of clicks and conversions every day. All this, by luring the customers with stylish images and content around the most inspiring products.
- 58% – 1st month
- 79% – 2nd month
- Within one month of us
handling their SEO, website
traffic went up with 58% and
another month later, with 79%.
- 6.2 – from 03.04.2016
to 17.08. 2016
- Our optimization processes
helped Tabita gain an average
position in SERP of 6.2 in less
than four months.
Since we started this collaboration, tabita.ro made it to the first page on google for some of their top keywords. The number of daily sales has increased substantially and it has quickly become a staple of online shopping across the entire country.